2026 Lexington Yearling Sale Watch Thread
Quote from talkinghorse on October 5, 2026, 8:39 PM** VOTING CLOSED **
** VOTING CLOSED **
Quote from Bgtolex25 on October 5, 2026, 8:55 PMWent over to the opening night for a bit. Â Here are some photos. Â Hip 728 for @purple-aura
I think that you may be closer to the price with your original estimate. Â She is far from perfect conformation wise, late in the sale, and a Volstead. Â Nothing against the sire, but he quickly has been eclipsed in Ohio by several of the others. Â If it wasnât for Sugar Instead and Jurassic Hattie in his first crop, then I think he would already be history. Â The maternal line is strong though.
Went over to the opening night for a bit. Â Here are some photos. Â Hip 728 for @purple-aura
I think that you may be closer to the price with your original estimate. Â She is far from perfect conformation wise, late in the sale, and a Volstead. Â Nothing against the sire, but he quickly has been eclipsed in Ohio by several of the others. Â If it wasnât for Sugar Instead and Jurassic Hattie in his first crop, then I think he would already be history. Â The maternal line is strong though.
Uploaded files:Quote from Purple Aura on October 5, 2026, 9:04 PMThanks Norm!!!!! Disagree on Volstead, but I get your point. Anthony keeps referring to a Ohio horse he likes on the last day. I'm getting a feeling it's her. Norm I hope you're right about the price. Loved her video. I think she's going pretty high. I'll be there. Arriving Wednesday, going straight to the sale. Both on Thursday. Races Friday and Saturday. Weather is perfect. Keeneland is whispering.......
  Norm what didn't you like about her confirmation?
Thanks Norm!!!!! Disagree on Volstead, but I get your point. Anthony keeps referring to a Ohio horse he likes on the last day. I'm getting a feeling it's her. Norm I hope you're right about the price. Loved her video. I think she's going pretty high. I'll be there. Arriving Wednesday, going straight to the sale. Both on Thursday. Races Friday and Saturday. Weather is perfect. Keeneland is whispering.......
  Norm what didn't you like about her confirmation?
Quote from Purple Aura on October 5, 2026, 9:07 PM#47 Captain Boo 87k
#47 Captain Boo 87k
Quote from Bgtolex25 on October 5, 2026, 9:13 PMJust noticed that I captured Steve Stewart in the background of the #728 filly. Â He was the one quoted in the HRU article that Ed linked in the other thread. Â If you have never been to Lexington for this sale, and you are passionate about the sport, opening night is special. Â If all you do is people watch and play âwho do you see bingoâ, then it is a treat.
Just noticed that I captured Steve Stewart in the background of the #728 filly. Â He was the one quoted in the HRU article that Ed linked in the other thread. Â If you have never been to Lexington for this sale, and you are passionate about the sport, opening night is special. Â If all you do is people watch and play âwho do you see bingoâ, then it is a treat.
Quote from Bgtolex25 on October 5, 2026, 9:14 PMQuote from Purple Aura on October 5, 2026, 9:04 PMThanks Norm!!!!! Disagree on Volstead, but I get your point. Anthony keeps referring to a Ohio horse he likes on the last day. I'm getting a feeling it's her. Norm I hope you're right about the price. Loved her video. I think she's going pretty high. I'll be there. Arriving Wednesday, going straight to the sale. Both on Thursday. Races Friday and Saturday. Weather is perfect. Keeneland is whispering.......
  Norm what didn't you like about her confirmation?
Quote from Purple Aura on October 5, 2026, 9:04 PMThanks Norm!!!!! Disagree on Volstead, but I get your point. Anthony keeps referring to a Ohio horse he likes on the last day. I'm getting a feeling it's her. Norm I hope you're right about the price. Loved her video. I think she's going pretty high. I'll be there. Arriving Wednesday, going straight to the sale. Both on Thursday. Races Friday and Saturday. Weather is perfect. Keeneland is whispering.......
  Norm what didn't you like about her confirmation?
Quote from Bgtolex25 on October 5, 2026, 9:31 PMEd, I will private message you my phone #. Â I donât think that I have you in my contacts. Â How did we not do that? Â Let me know when you get into town.
728 conformation issues from this suspect evaluator:
- Turns out below ankle right front
- stands back on her knees, which is slightly apparent in my crappy photo.
I could be, and probably am, full of hot air. Â But that is how I see her. Â Not that I donât respect Volstead, but I am just looking at him through a marketing lens. Â This is a tough business. Â Look at Tall Dark Stranger. Â He went from sizzling hot in his first crop to next to nothing in the market now. Â This year the hot new pacing sire is Confederate. Â Purple blooded, exceptional racehorse. Â But those yearlings better hit hard next year at 2, or they will be discounted severely next year as the ânextâ big thing takes the stage.
Ed, I will private message you my phone #. Â I donât think that I have you in my contacts. Â How did we not do that? Â Let me know when you get into town.
728 conformation issues from this suspect evaluator:
- Turns out below ankle right front
- stands back on her knees, which is slightly apparent in my crappy photo.
I could be, and probably am, full of hot air. Â But that is how I see her. Â Not that I donât respect Volstead, but I am just looking at him through a marketing lens. Â This is a tough business. Â Look at Tall Dark Stranger. Â He went from sizzling hot in his first crop to next to nothing in the market now. Â This year the hot new pacing sire is Confederate. Â Purple blooded, exceptional racehorse. Â But those yearlings better hit hard next year at 2, or they will be discounted severely next year as the ânextâ big thing takes the stage.
Quote from Purple Aura on October 5, 2026, 9:50 PMThru a marketing lens you're spot on with Volstead. I feel he's a underrated sire, I leave marketing out of it. Confederate must have gotten some nice mares, he's getting solid prices. It can get political with the mares and which sire aligns with which breeder. Anthony mentioned it the other day and I admit I'm biased, but give Cuatro De Julio some good mares and with any kind of confirmation I think you'd have a solid purchase. I liked him as a race horse and because of Loooooooooooooooooou I'm over the top now.Â
Thru a marketing lens you're spot on with Volstead. I feel he's a underrated sire, I leave marketing out of it. Confederate must have gotten some nice mares, he's getting solid prices. It can get political with the mares and which sire aligns with which breeder. Anthony mentioned it the other day and I admit I'm biased, but give Cuatro De Julio some good mares and with any kind of confirmation I think you'd have a solid purchase. I liked him as a race horse and because of Loooooooooooooooooou I'm over the top now.Â
Quote from Bgtolex25 on October 5, 2026, 10:06 PMQuote from Purple Aura on October 5, 2026, 9:07 PM#47 Captain Boo 87k
No idea what he looks like, but I love the purchase if he looks the part. Â I would much rather see first foal swings vs. picking up siblings to some star as we have seen over and over again. Â Then again, Captain Incredible didnât work out, albeit at a much higher price.
By the way, solid night of sales. Â I really hate seeing the extravagant prices, because they are either ego driven or some b.s. arrangement between the buyer and seller. Â Tonightâs prices feel realistic. Â Still wouldnât pay over 100 k for anything as a racehorse prospect. Â As a breeder, maybe a different market for well bred fillies.
Quote from Purple Aura on October 5, 2026, 9:07 PM#47 Captain Boo 87k
No idea what he looks like, but I love the purchase if he looks the part. Â I would much rather see first foal swings vs. picking up siblings to some star as we have seen over and over again. Â Then again, Captain Incredible didnât work out, albeit at a much higher price.
By the way, solid night of sales. Â I really hate seeing the extravagant prices, because they are either ego driven or some b.s. arrangement between the buyer and seller. Â Tonightâs prices feel realistic. Â Still wouldnât pay over 100 k for anything as a racehorse prospect. Â As a breeder, maybe a different market for well bred fillies.
Quote from pcmark15 on October 5, 2026, 10:08 PMQuote from Purple Aura on October 5, 2026, 9:50 PMThru a marketing lens you're spot on with Volstead. I feel he's a underrated sire, I leave marketing out of it. Confederate must have gotten some nice mares, he's getting solid prices. It can get political with the mares and which sire aligns with which breeder. Anthony mentioned it the other day and I admit I'm biased, but give Cuatro De Julio some good mares and with any kind of confirmation I think you'd have a solid purchase. I liked him as a race horse and because of Loooooooooooooooooou I'm over the top now.Â
There are two Cuatro De Julio fillies in late on day four, I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony ended up with one of them.
Quote from Purple Aura on October 5, 2026, 9:50 PMThru a marketing lens you're spot on with Volstead. I feel he's a underrated sire, I leave marketing out of it. Confederate must have gotten some nice mares, he's getting solid prices. It can get political with the mares and which sire aligns with which breeder. Anthony mentioned it the other day and I admit I'm biased, but give Cuatro De Julio some good mares and with any kind of confirmation I think you'd have a solid purchase. I liked him as a race horse and because of Loooooooooooooooooou I'm over the top now.Â
There are two Cuatro De Julio fillies in late on day four, I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony ended up with one of them.


