Hambletonian moving to Harrah's Hoosier Park in 2027
Quote from Lonnie on August 13, 2026, 7:49 PMAnd BOOM! Just like that, after 46 years, at The Meadowlands, it's gone!
https://www.drf.com/news/harness-hambletonian-moved-harrahs-hoosier-park-starting-2027
And BOOM! Just like that, after 46 years, at The Meadowlands, it's gone!
https://www.drf.com/news/harness-hambletonian-moved-harrahs-hoosier-park-starting-2027
Quote from Purple Aura on August 13, 2026, 9:32 PMThree hours from me. Stays in the USA. I'm good with it and I'll be there.
Three hours from me. Stays in the USA. I'm good with it and I'll be there.
Quote from MaywoodAl on August 13, 2026, 11:37 PMNot even close. I was there for the Breeder's Crown in 2023, granted weather was awful, but not too many fans. Place is packed for the races and fireworks on July 4. Perhaps a summer Saturday afternoon will pack the place.
I am about 3.5 - 4 hours away, so perhaps my first Hambo. I would have preferred my first to be at The Meadowlands.
Not even close. I was there for the Breeder's Crown in 2023, granted weather was awful, but not too many fans. Place is packed for the races and fireworks on July 4. Perhaps a summer Saturday afternoon will pack the place.
I am about 3.5 - 4 hours away, so perhaps my first Hambo. I would have preferred my first to be at The Meadowlands.
Quote from Lonnie on August 14, 2026, 12:22 AMMy friend was at Harrah's Hoosier Park. He said it was a beautiful ghost town that night.
My friend was at Harrah's Hoosier Park. He said it was a beautiful ghost town that night.
Quote from MaywoodAl on August 14, 2026, 12:56 AMQuote from Lonnie on August 14, 2026, 12:22 AMMy friend was at Harrah's Hoosier Park. He said it was a beautiful ghost town that night.
Unfortunately, that can be said about most tracks these days. Last time i was there was July 3rd. Next Gen was the next night, so logical stop for me. Rainy night, start delayed and empty.
Next Gen seemed lower in attendance this year than previous years.
Quote from Lonnie on August 14, 2026, 12:22 AMMy friend was at Harrah's Hoosier Park. He said it was a beautiful ghost town that night.
Unfortunately, that can be said about most tracks these days. Last time i was there was July 3rd. Next Gen was the next night, so logical stop for me. Rainy night, start delayed and empty.
Next Gen seemed lower in attendance this year than previous years.
Quote from NiekH on August 14, 2026, 4:46 AMNo racetrack in North America that I have visited so far, has had packed stands.
Flights to Indianapolis are a little further for me, but a lot cheaper than New York hahaha.
I like that the Hambo remains on a big track, I like that it is on the same track as the Peter Haughton again. Maybe it will boost the Indiana program a little more.
The Indiana Sire Stakes are amazing, their entire stakes program is top notch. Only their studs are not of the same quality. I would love it if Tactical Landing moved to Indiana haha.
No racetrack in North America that I have visited so far, has had packed stands.
Flights to Indianapolis are a little further for me, but a lot cheaper than New York hahaha.
I like that the Hambo remains on a big track, I like that it is on the same track as the Peter Haughton again. Maybe it will boost the Indiana program a little more.
The Indiana Sire Stakes are amazing, their entire stakes program is top notch. Only their studs are not of the same quality. I would love it if Tactical Landing moved to Indiana haha.
Quote from Bgtolex25 on August 14, 2026, 7:07 AMWhen Jeff Gural threw his subordinate/ partner under the bus regarding the failed attempt at getting the Meadowlands casino proposal on the ballot in 2026, I just thought…uhm. Who will go to war with this guy? He went on to say that he would personally see through the lobbying effort for 2027. Seemingly saying, he alone can fix it and make things great again…………
I don’t want to dismiss his accomplishments and contributions, but he isn’t the guy you want to hitch your “sulky” to going forward. I just hope Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky have learned valuable lessons and successfully implement new ideas to strengthen the sport all the way around.
When Jeff Gural threw his subordinate/ partner under the bus regarding the failed attempt at getting the Meadowlands casino proposal on the ballot in 2026, I just thought…uhm. Who will go to war with this guy? He went on to say that he would personally see through the lobbying effort for 2027. Seemingly saying, he alone can fix it and make things great again…………
I don’t want to dismiss his accomplishments and contributions, but he isn’t the guy you want to hitch your “sulky” to going forward. I just hope Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky have learned valuable lessons and successfully implement new ideas to strengthen the sport all the way around.
Quote from Bgtolex25 on October 1, 2026, 6:44 PMhttps://ustrottingnews.com/hambo-society-harrahs-hoosier-park-announce-2027-hambletonian-date/
@lonnie can attest to this “scoop” that I had from John Campbell on Jug Day. He assured me that he and Gural were talking and committed to not interfere with each other on the Meadowlands new $1 million dollar trotting race in late July and the newly relocated Hambo at Hoosier. This shows that reasonable people can come to what is best for the sport. Maybe Kentucky will get into the spirit soon and stop racing their 3 yr old pacing SS Championship the Sunday before the Jug.🤞🤞
https://ustrottingnews.com/hambo-society-harrahs-hoosier-park-announce-2027-hambletonian-date/
@lonnie can attest to this “scoop” that I had from John Campbell on Jug Day. He assured me that he and Gural were talking and committed to not interfere with each other on the Meadowlands new $1 million dollar trotting race in late July and the newly relocated Hambo at Hoosier. This shows that reasonable people can come to what is best for the sport. Maybe Kentucky will get into the spirit soon and stop racing their 3 yr old pacing SS Championship the Sunday before the Jug.🤞🤞
Quote from Lonnie on October 1, 2026, 11:10 PMQuote from Bgtolex25 on October 1, 2026, 6:44 PMhttps://ustrottingnews.com/hambo-society-harrahs-hoosier-park-announce-2027-hambletonian-date/
@lonnie can attest to this “scoop” that I had from John Campbell on Jug Day. He assured me that he and Gural were talking and committed to not interfere with each other on the Meadowlands new $1 million dollar trotting race in late July and the newly relocated Hambo at Hoosier. This shows that reasonable people can come to what is best for the sport. Maybe Kentucky will get into the spirit soon and stop racing their 3 yr old pacing SS Championship the Sunday before the Jug.
I approve this message.
Quote from Bgtolex25 on October 1, 2026, 6:44 PMHambo Society, Harrah’s Hoosier Park announce 2027 Hambletonian date
@lonnie can attest to this “scoop” that I had from John Campbell on Jug Day. He assured me that he and Gural were talking and committed to not interfere with each other on the Meadowlands new $1 million dollar trotting race in late July and the newly relocated Hambo at Hoosier. This shows that reasonable people can come to what is best for the sport. Maybe Kentucky will get into the spirit soon and stop racing their 3 yr old pacing SS Championship the Sunday before the Jug.
I approve this message.
